Well! A whole week without blogging!
Lots of things going on...
1. We gave a tour & talked about mechanical cultivation to about 40 apprentices from different farms,
2. A bunch of farmers came out for another tour with the theme of integrated pest management, organized through the Cornell Cooperative Extension,
3. A flock of 13-year-olds from a local summer camp showed up to pull carrots & weeds!
4. A few of my good friends came to visit for a few days & helped out with the work...
Here's what our produce share looks like these days:
And I visited my hometown of Rochester, where I plan to start farming next year on my own! One unexpected land offer looks like this:
Lots of exciting leads... now I have a lot of work to do!
1. Find people who want to help me start this farm.
2. Find land with good soil, location, etc.
3. Create a business plan.
4. Infrastructure: greenhouse, irrigation, etc.
5. Equipment needed: tractor, tools, etc.
6. Find a place to live!
7. Networking & marketing & community-building...